Monday, June 15, 2009

From the Dye Pot...

It certainly has been an eventful week. I underwent surgery last Wednesday to remove a disk (or two?) from my neck and have a couple of vertebrae fused. After 20+ years of chronic neck pain, I am glad to report that all is well and the pain seems to have gone on holiday. My throat is sore and I have a little trouble eating, but that's fine by me.
Prior to having my throat cut for repairs, I was manic with the dye. I initially thought I would get much more done, but lethargy and pain kept getting in the way. I'm on the mend now and have a few teasers of what to expect once Spindipity.etsy.com is launched. Shall we...?

This is what happens when Joann's has a sale and I don't feel like driving to WC Mercantile to get wool. This is Lion Brand Wool Ease, worsted weight and all. You know I felt bad when I decided to waste $14 on seven skeins of this crap. I'm not joking when I say that I can not give this stuff away. I chose these particular colors based on a colorway that KnitPicks used to sell. Their colors were more rich and I'm sure their yarn is much nicer than this tripe.
But wait... it gets worse...

Yup... I mixed 'em all together on a couple of skeins. Prior to surgery, I thought that they didn't look too bad. Here is proof that Pain + Pain Medication = Horrible Judgement. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, remember this... if it sounds like a good idea to try something new... it's not.

ETA: Ooops... somebody just claimed it! All of it! Sssssshhh...
I'll post more of the real stuff later. Right now... I have to run to the Post Office to mail off my tripe (see above).

No comments:

Post a Comment