Sunday, June 21, 2009

DyePot Temptations...

Another day, a little progress. Actually, I managed to get the store banner done (upper left-hand corner). Thought I'd take a minute and post a few teasers to whet your appetite for fibery-goodness.

Ahhhh... Merino... nothing quite like it. It's the favorite blanket you had when you were a baby. It's your Mom's perfume floating on a summer breeze. Merino just makes you feel good. It's a spinner's delight. Easy to work with and very versatile. It's your best friend that's always there to make you laugh no matter what kind of day you've had. Add a little Caribbean Punch to the Mix and forget about the intolerable summer heat.

Awwww... Michael says it looks like a basket of Easter Eggs. I agree, but everyone has a colorway named "Easter Eggs" or something to that effect. My creativity spiked with Spring Has Sprung. Ingenious, I know. Who would have thought? I dunno. The colors are Easter-esqe
and Easter is symbolic of rebirth... renewal. That's what these colors remind me of... awakening after a long winter's nap... and easter eggs. Spring Has Sprung is a dreamy mix of merino and bamboo. If you've never played with a bamboo mix or are afraid to go 100% bamboo, this is the mix for you. As a plant fiber, bamboo won't take up traditional acid dyes. The result is a marled appearance that gives no hint as to how soft this fiber is to run through your fingers. Think of it as training wheels for 100% bamboo which is an indescribable spin.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are mending quickly. Your colors are BEAUTIFUL!! I love the passion that comes through. Your shop looks great.

    See you soon,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete